Friday 28 April 2017

Your favourite piece of technology

Resultado de imagen para smash bros nintendo 64




When i see the kids now, it's like they were born with a smart cellphone in a hand and a joystick in the other. I remember my childhood, and a lot of the devices in the present just did not exist. But it was fun, you know, playing out in my neighborhood with my friends... then, in my birthday (i don't remember which one), my grandfather gift me a Nintendo 64.

Maybe, it's not the best video game console i ever played
(it's definitely not), but was the first one, the same night i get it, i played it, conecting the joystick and selecting the game, then, i just get into a new fantastic world, i mean, i played some other games in arcade, in game boy and some tetris<3, but it was just not the same, because of the graphics and the complex ideas: Donkey Kong, Super Mario 64, Zelda, Mortal Combat and my favourite one: Smash Bros! Man, maybe you could have played it and be really good at it but nobody beated me when i played with Kirby.

I remember i could spent a whole day in front of the TV with the N64, playing with my friends or my cousins, having a great time, it's so nostalgic... it's hard to believe how much has changed the video games consoles through the time: Play Station, XBox, Wii, virtual reality headsets, even the computers has become a kind of video game console... anyway, i think none of these are going to be so amazing like it was the N64, and i think, even if in the future i have a son, and he born with a super hyper smart cellphone in a hand and a futuristic weird joystick (if they still exist) in the other, i'm going to play a Smash Bros round with him, and if i pick Kirby, who knows? maybe i'm still being the best!

6 comments:

  1. I have one Nintendo 64, and I still playing Leyend of zelda, I think it´s the best game ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i was a kid, I also spent a lot of time playing video games, my favorite game is Pokemon Fire Red in GBA, I'm sure you should have played it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a feeling about making a soup of your 3 other opponents with 120% of damage, give your legacy to your son !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Smash bros, but my favourite character is ness or mario, it would be fine if someday we can play and who knows, maybe i'll beat your kirby...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Super Smash Bros, TLOZ ocarina of time and majora's mask, Super Mario 64 and Conker's bad fur day, always makes my day <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I really love nintendo 64! It's so funny play smash bros brawl with friends. Also, the zelda majora's mask is really funny and scary (it's like the obscure one in the saga)... ahhh, I always wanted to finish one of the zelda saga...but I never had the time and motivation at the same time hahaha xD

    ReplyDelete