Thursday 4 May 2017

Music in My Life


            The music is like food to the soul, and you could "eat" any kind of music you wish, in my case, i could start with a plate of psychedelic rock, then listen some hip-hop, but, of course, end with a great dessert: Jazz.


Resultado de imagen para coltrane          I started listening to Jazz when i was like 10 or 11 years old, because a neighbor had a band, and he used to play the Bass, one of my favorite’s instruments together with Saxophone and Piano. When i heard the music he put on the radio: i was listening Coltrane for the first time, and i just traveled to a peaceful place, it left me speechless, and it was indescribable. So, i did get so much into it, that then, when i was 15, my family bought me an alto saxophone, it was hard to learn, but it truly worth it, i love to improvise, even i play in a Band, but the time is really short because University, so, we decide to take a break until vacations.

            By the way, that doesn't mean i just listen to Jazz, because in a day i listen Chilean Music like "Los Prisioneros" or "Violeta Parra", The Doors, Michael Jackson, Radiohead, The Eagles, Iron Maiden, Elvis Presley, Pink Floyd, Edith Piaff, Calle 13, Cypress Hill, even classic music when i study, like Vivaldi, Mozart, Debussy... i listen to almost everything, except for Reaggeton, and i'm not a big fan of the new pop. Sorry if you feel judged, but i feel Reaggeton and Pop are the most commercial kind of music for me.

            Anyway, I think people shouldn't be close to listen to a specific kind of music, because, if your take your soul to the "restaurant" of music, i don't think that feed it with the same plate everytime be so funny, so, try to listen a little more of the menu!

5 comments:

  1. Michael Jackson was one of my favorite singer at the time, it´s incredible his voice and how it´s dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazz is a very interesting genre, i recommend you to listen one of the sub-genres, acid jazz, if you haven't already done it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the last sentence you say it. I'll steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your opinion about reggeaton, its like always the same lyrics, "azotala, dale, dale" such beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. the improvisation in jazz is wonderful

    ReplyDelete