Friday 19 May 2017

A Photograph You Like





Press the button and ¡Flash! it's taken. As we getting older, we usually forget about the past, about certain moments, people, travels... the best solution: take a camera with you, well... it's not 1998, so you could take your phone, or your tablet, or your notebook, There is any device that don't take photographs? I doubt it. Now it's easier, you don't have to wait for the developing or worry about the camera roll, welcome to the twenty-first century bit*hes, the "I want it now! age".

Un soldado ruso tocando un piano abandonado en Chechenia en 1994: When i see my family albums i can't help but notice the importance of the photographs, especially because i almost don't remember my father, so, the picture of my mind of him is basically his face on photographs. And oh, how can i forget when i said to my mom: "I don't want to take the camera, mom, all i'll want to remember it's going to be on my mind" Bull*hit! I regret it so much, my best vacations on 2010 in Chiloe and i don't have any picture of it :(

Anyway, a photograph that caught my attention was a nostalgic and beautiful one, and is the proof that a picture taken in the right time can capture the perfect essence of the moment... In the middle of the war in 1994-Chechnya, a russian soldier who found an abandoned piano in the woods started to playing it, and someone just took the photo. I don't know why, but it's like this photograph has soul, it's a little bit rare combination: a soldier playing piano in the middle of nowhere, but at the same time it's so peacefull and nostalgic. Well, sorry if i can't describe it right to you, but, look at it for yourself... as you know "a picture is worth a thousand words.".

7 comments:

  1. This picture make me remember about "the pianist", how far could the war reach, but on the deep we are still humans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the photo... It's kind of peace in the middle of war.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is amazing how that photograph can make you feel the moment, it's a blend of feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never forget the camera when I´m going to the vacation, but it´s more important to live the moment and not live in a photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow man, I really like tho photo, a little moment of peace, in the middle of a war... wow, that impressed me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "It's going to be on my mind" are bullshits. How do you going to show to your grandchilds your amazing trips?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally agree with you, it's like this photograph has its own soul and can transmit kind of peace. I liked a lot

    ReplyDelete