Friday 26 May 2017

My Favourite Book and Film





There is not exist a feeling comparable to finish a book. I remember when i was a kid my mother sometimes bought me some childish books to read like "¡Ay, Cuánto me quiero!" or "La familia guacatela", i don't think that titles like those sounds familiar to you but for me are an important part of my childhood, i remember i liked so much that i read them like a million times at least.

Resultado de imagen para mala onda fuguetBut i started to really enjoy read some books thanks to my teacher of language, she always give us cool books to read and i get into it so much that i ask her for more books. Between the Chilean writers, Pedro Lemebel, (rest in peace, master) the way he write.. his books are so enjoyable, it's incredible, my favourite books written by him are "De perlas y cicatrices" and "Tengo miedo torero". Also, i read "Mala onda" by Alberto Fuguet, a Chilean novel about a teenager, Matías Vicuña living in the middle of the dictatorship in Chile, i have to say that i loved that book, it's probably my favourite one in spanish.
Resultado de imagen para the shining book

I like horror books too, Stephen King and Edgar Allan Poe are the reason of the 90% of my goosebumps :( advice: never read them in the night alone... well, i also like fantastic novels like A Song of Ice and Fire, The Hunger Games and Harry Potter. I remembered me so excited about the new movies of HP. I used to go to the cinema a lot, but, now... maybe once or twice at month.

Resultado de imagen para the clockwork orange
Well, i like a lot a movies too, but my favourite is"Kill Bill" with the beautiful and deathly blonde, Uma Thurman by the great Quentin Tarantino, who also directed Reservoir Dogs, Unglorious bastards, Pulp Fiction and other masterpieces... "The Clockwork Orange" by Stanley Kubrick is a five stars movie, Kubrick also directed The Shining and Eyes Wide Shut. I like almost every movie directed by Tim Burton, who usually work with Jhonny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter, and by the way, "The Night Before Christma"s was my favourite movie when i was a kid, i know all the songs in it.

Well, i'm going to give you just a humble advice: don't read something beacause everyone read it and don't watch a movie just because it has 5 stars on netflix, come on, like my mom say: don't judge a book by his cover.

3 comments:

  1. I remember when I saw the shining, and made me feel something strange on me, like the atmosphere of the movie involves you on its game, the book must be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOH, I LOVE 'LA FAMILIA GUACATELA' XDD
    I think if I read it now, I'll laugh the hole book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar Alan Poe is one of my favourite authors! that psychological fear..ah, only he can achieve it.

    ReplyDelete