Wednesday 27 September 2017

A job, the research for a cure

Did you know that the blue scorpion venom has properties that can fight against cancer? This is one of the millions of chemical substances that we can extract from animals to help people using them in the treatment of a lot of different diseases.

Resultado de imagen para alacran azulI always feel quite interested in animals, especially in all kinds of insects, arachnids, and arthropods so I would like to investigate about the thousands of unknown substances at the present that we can get from them and see the characteristics of the active principles involved to study their effects in response to different diseases.

To expand my opportunities in the investigation I would like to get a PhD in Pharmacy in this same university or in another country like USA or England and then study Entomology to be pretty qualified in the field. This job, by the way, forces me to travel to a lot of different countries to study endemic species from all the continents, so in part, I could work outside traveling and taking samples of this animal substances and then in laboratories analyze them, i don't know but sounds pretty interesting and exciting to me.

Resultado de imagen para bug memeI always feel that work with animals has a deep ethical discussion, but assuming that my work is centered on a special kind of animals like insects... maybe it's not a big problem. That's because there are 10'000 millions of bugs by square kilometer, imagine that they are a plague! lucky me haha.

And to be truth, if I could work in something so cool for me, I don't know if the payment would be a problem because I don't mind about it, actually, the research for the cure of a disease is a really huge work so maybe I could work for a scientific institution collaborating with them, I'm not so sure... but certainly I'm not made to be a businessman but a scientist;)

5 comments:

  1. I liked your post, entomology is very interesting I think, I'd like to know more about it, and is good money is not a problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post dude, I think that there's a cure for every disease but we just have to find it. Keep that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Searching for cure of diseases, you're going to help a lot! Very interesting, I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems very interesting. There are a lot of things in that area to discover
    I can tell that you like bugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. finding the cure for one of the diseases most dangerous of the humanity, that sound nice

    ReplyDelete